You must be looking to know about the process of student visa submission. How to apply for a student visa, where to apply, what documents you need to apply.
Well, applying for a student visa, not a difficult process. You just need to fulfill some legal demands. Some paperwork is required while fulfilling the demands of visa requirements (according to the institution or country). However, doing it step by step make it easy.
You can do it by yourself or to make it easier you should consult an expert who can guide through the process. There are hundreds of visa immigration offices that can make it easy for you. And I highly recommend doing it through visa experts but also be careful in choosing them. Moreover, You can read about the top five visa consultants in one of my posts.
Before the process of visa application, you must know some points about the visa.
- A student visa is a type of document which is issued to the applicant to visit another country in order to pursue his or her education.
- This is issued to those whose purpose is to get an education in another country. They are very important to get admission in college or university of another country.
- There are some legal documents that you required in order to apply for this visa.
- Documents vary from country to country because different countries have different policies that demand documents.
- This visa can be valid 2 years or more according to your degree or course program.
When you should apply for a student visa?
You should know when you should apply for a student visa. In my advice, you should apply 3-4 months before your deadline date is given university or college. Keep in mind that you need to collect many documents and certificates like passport, IELTS or PTE score and qualification proofs. of course, the date given by the university gets special attention, you can’t miss the deadline. If you are looking to take education loans or scholarships than it is advisable to add more months.
Let’s take a look at what documents you will need while applying for a student visa
Required documents for a student visa
This is an essential imperative. While you would require a legitimate identification, what you can be sure of is that for various nations, the policy of legitimacy of your visa may vary. A few nations would need you to have the legitimacy until the finish of the course even at the hour of applying for the understudy visa. A few then might allow you to apply however demand you to have a legitimacy that reaches out past the expected remain in the nation. The passport must not be expired or with false information.
The greater part of the nations would expect you to demonstrate that you are equipped for not just dealing with the educational cost and school costs but have the assets to manage the cost of your stay in that nation for the planned examination time frame. While numerous nations have a specified measure of assets it would require, some have wider progressively broad rules. For example, many countries in Europe (like Germany, Netherlands, and so on.) have a base living expense figured according to government measures. Understudies applying for understudy visas in these nations, appropriately, must give evidence that the said sum is accessible with them in prepared money.
Proof of being a Bonafide student:
The proof to which country you are applying, you just need to give proof of being a bonafide student. Bonafide means legitimate, genuine. You must show the proof that you belong to that particular institute that you are applying to. This could offer a letter from the institute or some other letter.
Language proficiency test:
I am sure you have heard about some of the popular language proficiency tests like IELTS and PTE. By taking these test you acquire a certificate which you need to show to get admission in college and apply for a student visa. The band scores you gotta achieve depend on institution, program or other stuff.
Additional certificates & documents
There are a couple of certificates you need during the filiation of a visa. The list is below
- 10th and 12th academic mark sheets.
- 10th and 12th admit card.
- National identity ( For example, Adhar card or pan card if an Indian).
- passport size photographs.
- Backlog certificate and training certificate for a graduate student ( if you have any).
- Work experience certificate ( if you have any)
NOTE – these documents should have notarized copy.
Check out the list in pdf for more document information.
What is the Process of Applying for a Student Visa?
The process starts afterward you receive an offer letter from the college or university (it is a letter which applies to get admission offer from a particular institute). After getting the letter you will be eligible to submit your visa file.
(After receiving Letter College which has applied, it gives 20-30 days period of time to submit fees and GIC.)
- College or tuition fee – The amount you have to pay according to the demand of your program and university.
- GIC (guaranteed investment cost) – GIC bears the student living cost. The minimum requirement is probably 10,200 but one can pay more. It also depends on the program and college, university.
Then it puts in fulfilling further legalities like:-
- Medical checkup
- submitting academics and other documents
And you are ready to receive a visa.
You can choose from two methods given below:-
Offline submission of visa application:- in this method candidates need to download student visa applications. After downloading, fill the form carefully and submit to the authority.
Online submission of visa application:- this is a simple method because of online. The candidate requires to create a student profile online and fill the online form carefully.
Payment of visa fees necessary for all students. After payment, the student submits the application with required supporting documents.
Overall, it might be a big and lengthy process, to be honest, however, it does not mean it is difficult. My advice is taking help from visa experts will make it easy and quick.